Get out to vote!
The Chamber strongly encourages ALL members to vote in the June 7 primary elections. If you are out-of-town on that date or prefer voting early, you can absentee vote now at your local courthouse.
The links below will help you know where to vote and can provide you with a sample ballot to help you prepare before you cast your vote:
- Minnehaha County Court House
- Lincoln County Court House
What is on the ballot?
- Constitutional Amendment C
- Legislative races
- Governor’s race
- Auditor and Register of Deeds for Minnehaha County
- Delegates to State Convention
- Precinct Committee men or women (for contested races)
Aa proposed major change to South Dakota’s Constitution, along with many contested legislative races are on the June ballot. This means many decisions will be determined in June rather than the November election – so everyone, regardless of party, should vote!
The Chamber can provide insight and information to help with your voting decisions.
- The Chamber urges a NO vote on Constitutional Amendment C. Our Issue Brief will provide detailed rationale for why the Chamber is opposed to Amendment C.
- Legislative district races can be daunting if you haven’t already picked your candidates. The Chamber can help here as well. The legislative scorecard ranks pro-business votes for legislators in our region. However, some of the legislative races have new candidates. The Greater Sioux Falls Chamber BIZPAC vetted those new candidates and provided financial support to business-friendly policy candidates. The financial donations are public and on the Secretary of State’s website.
If you need additional help, or just want to talk with your policy wonks at the Chamber, you can reach out to Debra Owen or Justin Bentaas with your questions.
Let’s stay focused on protecting our Constitution and electing those business-friendly policy makers and keep our economy moving forward!